|Plastics / Rubber Continuous Mixers
Technical Process & Engineering is proud to offer our unique line of high-throughput Continuous Mixers - available with a wide variety of options for custom applications, including 3-piece Free Rotor design; “E-machines” with extended body, rotors, and increased feed throat area; and, our own “J-block” technology, just to name a few.
The Free Rotor Continuous Mixer is a state of the art continuous mixer designed for economical maintenance and minimal down time for cleaning and rotor changes. It can be used for compounding all thermoplastic materials. Its unique design gives superior process control, operations efficiency and inherently economical maintenance. In addition to our new free-rotor continuous mixers, we also manufacture TPEI brand, high-quality replacement parts for many of our competitor's commercial continuous mixers.
Advantages of Standard Free Rotor Mixer
Advantages of the "E" Machine (Extended) Free Rotor Mixer
- Three temperature control zones
- Similar to setting the temperature profile of an extruder; and,
- Improved temperature control of foaming agents, flame-retardants, organic pigments, and other heat-sensitive additives
- Twenty-minute rotor changes
- Test run a set of #7 rotors in the morning and run production after lunch on #15 rotors
- You can change rotors without disturbing the water-end or drive-end and bearings
- Similar to the single screw extruders, there is no need to open the bearing house to change our mixer rotors
- Integral connecting gears for improved torque transfer
- Visco Seals in "both" water and drive ends for improved seal and bearing life
- Most parts are in stock and ready for same-day shipment
In addition to all of the great standard features of the Standard Free Rotor Mixer:
Whatever your needs, if we don't stock it, we can build it.
- Two additional conveying flights (acts like putting the ram down on a Banbury® mixer);
- Increased throughput of up to 20%;
- Larger feed throat capacity to accommodate fluffy, hard-to-feed materials.
|4FR Free Rotor Continuous Mixer (shown open)